The Nevada Minority Health and Equity Coalition (NMHEC) and Nevada Institute for Children’s Research and Policy (NICRP) unite in mourning the loss of the victims of the recent mass shootings in Monterey Park and Half Moon Bay, CA that were aimed toward the Asian American, Native Hawaiian and Pacific Islander (AANHPI) community. We support all who have been affected, and we stand in solidarity with those demanding rightful change from these acts of violence.
The well-being of our community is extremely important, and we understand how vulnerable some may feel during these times. Below are some wellness resources available at UNLV and in the community. We will also update you on an upcoming webinar that the NMHEC AAPI steering committee plans to hold at the end of the month that will address this issue.
Beyond accountability, NMHEC and NICRP aim to play an active role in making systemic changes that allow all those in our community to live long and healthy lives. We pledge to keep confronting the structural challenges and inequities that perpetuate health disparities and violence against people and their communities, and we will continue to support community-driven strategies designed to uphold genuine public safety. As our organization remains committed to reducing inequities and injustices, we also encourage ideas, collaboration, and participation so we can improve in this effort.
- UNLV Wellness Center- unlv.edu/campuslife/wellness
- UNLV PRACTICE- unlv.edu/thepractice
- Asian Community Resource Center- lvacrc.org
- Asians For Mental Health- asiansformentalhealth.com/nevada
- Asian American Psychological Association- aapaonline.org
- Asian Mental Health Project- asianmentalhealthproject.com
- Asian American Mental Health Collective- asianmhc.org
- Asian Community Development Council (ACDC)- acdcnv.org
- OCA – Asian Pacific American Advocates (OCA) – ocalasvegas.org